About Peppercorn Gallery
Peppercorn Gallery occupies Mill Cottage, built circa 1850, partly as a shop for the Moran sisters and it later served as a bootmaker.
In subsequent times it was used as a dressmakers, a piano school, and in the late 1970's it became Richmond's first Tea Room.
Peppercorn Gallery was etalished by Kurt & Shirley Ulmer in 1983 as an outlet for Kurt's woodturning, expanding to become an outlet for Tasmanian craft and artwork.
Peppercorn Gallery Today
Peppercorn Gallery promotes the work of over 50 Tasmanian artists and artisans covering a wide range of mediums including; ceramics, watercolour, acrylic and mixed media painting, leadlighting, jewellery, Tasmanian timber woodcrafts, leatherwork, candle making, glasswork, photography, indigenous art, book binding, textiles, and many other hand crafted items
It is Peppercorn Gallery's aim to enable artisans to come together on a co-operative basis to market their work collectively in an encouraging creative atmosphere, whilst maintaining the reputation of the gallery as an outlet for quality Tasmanian art and craft.